86230 research outputs found
Sort by
CIL 6.2102 – Fragments of the Acta of the Arval Brothers (Arvales fratres)
Squeeze and photograp
Harry Yates U. S. 207361 (Canada 316036)
This 6077 gross ton vessel was built in 1910 by the Great Lakes Engineering Works of St Clair, Michigan. She was initially owned by the American Steamship Co. of Buffalo, New York. In 1934, she was converted to a self unloader at Lorain, Ohio by the American Ship Building Co. In 1962, she was sold to the Redwood Enterprises, Ltd., Port Credit, Ontario. From 1958 to 1962, she was known as the "Fred A. Manske." From 1962 to 1978, she was known as the "Leadale." In 1971, she grounded at Port Huron, Michigan after the failure of her steering gear. She was sold to Marine Salvage at Port Colborne, Ontario in 1978
CIL 14.4393 – Statue base with dedication to M. Opellius Antoninus Diadumenianus
Photograp
Colonel Card
The "Colonel Card" was built in 1919 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin by the Fabricated Shipbuilding Company. From 1919 until 1923, she was owned by the United States Army. In 1923, she was sold to the Michigan Department of Highways and renamed the "Mackinaw City." Until 1940, she served as a ferry across the Straits of Mackinac. In 1940, she became the property of the United States Army once more. She was then renamed the "Brigadier General William E. Horton." Finally, in 1947, she came under the ownership of the United States Maritime Commission at Keansburg, New Jersey. In 1952, she was sold for scrap
Norman B. Ream 203543
This propeller was built in 1906 by Chicago Ship Building Company, Chicago, Illinois. She was owned by Pittsburgh Steamship Corporation, Cleveland, Ohio until 1952, when she was sold to U.S. Steel Corporation, Cleveland, Ohio. Kinsman Marine Transport Company bought her in 1965, and she became "Kinsman Enterprise." In 1979, she was sold to Economic Development Corporation, Port Huron, Ohio, and she became "Hull No. 1." As "Kinsman Enterprise," she ran aground above Little Rapids Cut, St. Marys River, October 7, 1968. She was released on October 9, 1968 by tugs "John H. Mclean," Amherstburg, and "USCG Nauga Tuck." She was scrapped in Aliaga, Turkey, October 10, 1989
Lac La Belle 15803
This propeller was built in 1864 by Ira Lafrinnier, Cleveland, Ohio. She foundered about twenty miles off Racine, Wisconsin, Lake Michigan, on October 14, 1872. Nine lives were lost