Ohio Library and Information Network

OhioLINK Digital Resource Commons
Not a member yet
    86230 research outputs found

    Miami 92830

    No full text
    This propeller was built in 1897 by Cramp, William and Sons Shipbuilding and Engine Building Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She was owned by Florida East Coast Steamship Company until 1902, when she was sold to Peninsular and Occidental Steamship Company. She was then sold to Atlantic City Steamship Company in 1932, William H. Ellery in 1933, Cape Cod Steamship Company in 1934, and Massachusetts Steamship Lines in 1946. in 1932, she became "Steel Pier." She was chartered for 1901 season to Northern Steamship Company for connecting service, Mackinac Island-Soo-Duluth. She passed inbound, Ogdensburg, New York, June 7, 1901; up, Detroit, June 15, 1901. On way back out to ocean, arrived at Detroit on September 15, 1901. She was scrapped in 1949

    IG II(3) 1412 – Fragment of a decree

    No full text
    Squeez

    Modjeska (Canada 96058)

    No full text
    This propeller was built in 1889 by Napier, Shanks and Bell, Yokes, Scotland. She was owned by Hamilton Steamboat Company until 1911, when she was sold to Niagara Navigation Company. She was then sold to Canada Steamship Lines in 1914, and Owen Sound Transportation Company 1925. In 1926, she became "Manitoulin." She ran Toronto-Hamilton from 1889-1911. She did not run from July 1924 through 1925. Rebuilt as overnight steamer to run Owen Sound-Soo on north shore route of Georgian Bay, 1929-1949. She was retired in 1949, and stripped to main deck at Port Dalhousie, Ontario, 1952-1953. She was scrapped at Port Weller, Ontario, in November, 1953

    Montuak 92294 (Canada 133897)

    No full text
    This steamer was built in 1891 by Harlan and Hollingsworth, Wilmington, Delaware. She was owned by Harlan and Hollingsworth until 1891, when she was sold to Montauk Steamboat Company. She was purchased by Long Island Railway Company in 1895, and River Harbor Transportation Company in 1899. In 1902, she was sold to Edward V. Douglas, of Canada. She was then sold to Algoma Central and Hudson Bay Railway Company in 1903, Ontario and Ohio Navigation Company in 1911, Richard Clayton Eckert in 1912, Everard Hardel North in 1912, Silver Islet Navigation Company in 1912, and Michael McCulloch in 1918. She returned to the United States in 1922, when she was purchased by Katherine Murphy. Clow and Nicholson Transportation Company purchased her in 1923. She was then sold to West End Iron and Metal Corporation in 1942, Walter W. Bowe and A.B. Powers in 1943, and Lyons Construction Company in 1944. In 1902, she became "King Edward," in 1910, she became "Forest City," and in 1922 she became "Montauk" again. She received her first enrollment in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on May 29, 1891. Final East Coast document surrendered at New York, New York, March 28, 1902, and endorsed "sold alien." She dropped from U.S. documentation in 1947 as steamer, but her cabins had been stripped in 1944

    Montreal (Canada)

    No full text
    This steamer was built in 1860 by Bartley and Gilbert, Montreal, Canada. She was rebuilt in 1898. In 1902, she became "Beaupre." She partially wrecked at Montreal, Canada, December 13, 1914. The registry was closed on April 8, 1915, and presumed scrapped

    Monkshaven (U.K. 86632)

    No full text
    This propeller was built in 1882 by J. Redhead and Company, South Shields, Great Britain. She was owned by R. Harrowing until 1897, when she was sold to Donald and Taylor. She was then sold to Algoma Central and Hudson Bay Railway Company. She wrecked in "Storm of 1905," on November 28, 1905, by stranding on Angus Island, Lake Superior. Was bound from See for Fort William, Ontario. The vessel was released by "James Reid" on August 10, 1906, and taken to Fort William, Ontario. On October 10, the vessel broke away from its moorings and went on the rocks, becoming a total wreck

    J.P. Morgan, Jr. 207250

    No full text
    This propeller was built in 1910 by American Ship Building Company, Lorain, Ohio. She was owned by Pittsburgh Steamship Company until 1952, when she was sold to US Steel Corporation. She collided with steamer "Crete" on June 23, 1948, off Devil's Island, Lake Superior. This collision resulted in the replacement of her pilot house. She was removed from documentation in August 1980, as sold Spanish for scrapping, and arrived in Bilbao, Spain, on October 22, 1980 to be scrapped

    Samuel Mitchell 116495

    No full text
    This propeller was built in 1892 by Globe Iron Works, Cleveland, Ohio. She was owned by William Chisholm until 1905, when she was sold to Jackson Transit Company. She was then sold to Huron Transportation in 1915, U.S. War Shipping Administration in 1942, Huron Transportation in 1947, Huron Portland Cement Company in 1956, National Gypsum Company in 1961, and Selvick Marine Towing Corporation in 1973. In 1973, she became "Mel William Selvick." She was removed from documentation in September-October 1972, and re-documented as barge in July-August 1973. She was used during WWII in New England coal trade and in Caribbean bauxite trade. She spent two winters as storage hulk for building of new Poe Lock at the Soo. She was scrapped in 1994, in Muskegon

    H.B. Hawgood 96663

    No full text
    This propeller was built in 1903 by American Ship Building, Lorain, Ohio. She was owned by Acme Transit Company until 1915, when she was sold to Pittsburgh Steamship Company. She was then sold to U.S. Maritime Commission in 1943. In 1915, she became "Pentecost Mitchell." As "H.B. Hawgood," she was driven ashore at Weis Beach two miles above Port Edward, Ontario, lake Huron in "Big Storm," November 9-13, 1913. As "Pentecost Mitchell," she sank in collision with steamer "Saxona" off Frying Pan Shoal, Soo River, May 14, 1917. Both steamers had to be cut apart before being raised. She was scrapped by Steel Company of Canada, Hamilton, Ontario, in 1946

    Missouri 200861

    No full text
    This propeller was built in 1904 by Chicago Ship Building Company, Chicago, Illinois. She was owned by Northern Michigan Transportation Company until 1918, when she was sold to Michigan Transit Company. She was then sold to Warren A. Cartier in 1926, Milwaukee Boat Company in 1932, Wisconsin & Michigan Steamship Company in 1933, and Sand Products Corporation in 1936. She was laid up at Muskegon, Michigan, c. 1940. Her engine was removed and hull stripped in 1943, with her engine being placed in Ford barge being reconverted at New Orleans

    42

    full texts

    86,230

    metadata records
    Updated in last 30 days.
    OhioLINK Digital Resource Commons
    Access Repository Dashboard
    Do you manage Open Research Online? Become a CORE Member to access insider analytics, issue reports and manage access to outputs from your repository in the CORE Repository Dashboard! 👇