86230 research outputs found
Sort by
N. Mills 18755
This barge was built in 1870 by Philander Lester, Vicksburg, Michigan. Her first enrollment was issued at Port Huron, Michigan, September 15, 1870. She was converted to propeller, and deck and cabins added, at Vicksburg, Michigan, in the winter of 1870-1871. She sunk in collision with propeller "Milwaukee," one-half mile below McGregor's Point, St. Clair River, September 6, 1906. Two lives were lost. She was bound from Cleveland, Ohio, for Algoma Mills, Ontario, with coal at time of loss
Milwaukee 16619
This steamer was built in 1859 by Bidwell and Mason, Buffalo, New York. Her first enrollment was issued at Buffalo, New York, August 22, 1859. She was stranded on bar outside Grand Haven, Michigan, October 8, 1868. She broke up in a storm two days later, and was deemed a total loss
Kate Moffat 14127
This tug was built in 1864 by Alexander Stewart, Port Huron, Michigan. Her first enrollment was issued at Detroit, Michigan, June 1, 1864. She was rebuilt at Port Huron, Michigan, on April 28, 1874. She caught fire while aground in fog near Blue Point, three miles north of Presque Isle Light, Michigan, Port Huron, on May 31, 1885, and burned to water's edge. Her crew was rescued by schooner "Metropolis," under tow. Her final enrollment was surrendered at Detroit, Michigan, November 30, 1885
John W. Moore 76896 (Canada 141758)
This propeller was built 1890 by Craig Shipbuilding Company, Toledo, Ohio. She was owned by John W. Moore, Frank M. Osborne, et al. until 1915, when she was sold to Juliet-Graveraet Steamship Company. She was then purchased by Morrow Steamship Company in 1918. George Hall Coal Company of Canada purchased her in 1920, and sold her to Canada Steamship Lines in 1926. She was then purchased by Manseau Shipyards in 1937, and Marine Industries in 1939. In 1915, she became "E.N. Breitung," in 1918 she became "John F. Morrow," and in 1927, she became "Kipawa." Her first enrollment was issued at Toledo, Ohio, September 18, 1890. After lying idle for several years, she was scrapped in 1944