VMI Archives (Virginia Military Institute)
Not a member yet
10188 research outputs found
Sort by
Physical Training on the Parade Ground, 2015
VMI Cadets participating in physical training activities, Janury 16, 201
Carols in the Courtyard, Dec. 2015
Cadets perform Christmas carols in the courtyard of Barracks for members of the Rockbridge Community, Dec. 11, 2015
Flight Mechanics Lab, 2015
Col. Joe Blandino works with mechanical engineering cadets to test the aerodynamic properties of a model fighter jet in the Nichols energy lab wind tunnel Nov. 13, 2015
Rugby, Sept. 2015
VMI cadets face off against Washington and Lee University on the rugby pitch Wednesday evening, resulting in a 48-20 victory for the cadets, Sept. 16, 201
Battle of New Market reenactment, Sept. 6, 2015
Cadets, some in period costume, reenact the Battle of New Market at the New Market Battlefield Park as part of the activities of Oath Day, Sept. 6, 201
Rat Drill Competition, Saunders Field, Aug. 30, 2015
Rat companies participate in a drill competition on Saunders Fields at North Post, Aug. 30, 201
Hot Air Balloon over VMI, July 4, 2015
A hot air balloon soars over VMI during Independence Day celebrations, July 4, 2015
New Market Parade, May 15, 2015
Corps of Cadets line up in formation for the New Market Parade to honor the Cadets who fought in the Battle of New Market on May 15, 1864. Monument for the Guard Tree is shown in the foreground
New Market Ceremony, May 15, 2015
Cadets prepare to fire a salute to honor the Cadets who fought at the Battle of New Market, May 15, 1864. Wreaths have been laid on the grave markers behind the statue of Virginia Mourning Her Dead to remember the ten cadets who died as a result of their wounds in the battle
George Washington Statue from the back, looking towards Barracks
Dedicated on July 3, 1856, this bronze was cast by Virginia artist William James Hubard and is a replica of Jean Antoine Houdon's original marble. In 1864 it was confiscated by Union troops as a trophy of war, but was returned and rededicated in 1866. The statue stands across from the Washington Arch entrance to Barrack