33314 research outputs found
Sort by
Flanner House Report for Division of Self Help Services for March and April 1949
This Flanner House report for the Division of Self Help Services for March and April 1949 includes updates on housing, community organization, and financials. A May 2, 1949 report from the Boulevard Heights Organization is included. Statistical reports for Fall Creek Homes, Boulevard Heights Organization,and Casa Homes Organization are also included.8.5 x 11 incheshttp://www.indianahistory.org/contact/contact.as
Hoosier State Medical Association and Women's Auxiliary Meeting 1961
This tri-fold program is the agenda for the Twelfth Annual Session of The Hoosier State Medical Association and Women's Auxiliary, held in Indianapolis, Indiana, on June 21 and June 22, 1961 at Herman G. Morgan Helath Center, 362 West 15th Street. Dr. Harvey Middleton is the general secretary. Dr. Walter Maddux is the editor. This is an African American medical association for the Hoosier State Medical Association.9 x 12 incheshttp://www.indianahistory.org/contact/contact.as
Cleo Blackburn Explains the Board for Fundamental Education Program
Michigan Governor George Romney (center) listens as Dr. Cleo Blackburn, executive director of Flanner House and the Board for Fundamental Education, explains the Board's program. At left is Eugene Pilliam, Jr., assistant publisher of The Indianaoplis Star and News. To Dr. Blackburn's left is Rev. M. B. Girton, pastor of Christ Missionary Baptist Church.5 x 6 incheshttp://www.indianahistory.org/contact/contact.as
Two Boys In Front of Map
Two boys are standing in front of a map.5 x 7 incheshttp://www.indianahistory.org/contact/contact.as
Sunset Terrace on Indiana Avenue
With the end of prohibition in the United States, several night clubs and taverns sprang up along Indiana Avenue after 1933. The Sunset Terrace was one of the many properties within the area owned by brothers Denver and Sea Ferguson.8 x 10 incheshttp://www.indianahistory.org/contact/contact.as
Indianapolis Slum Clearance
The first house in the redevelopment area is demolished on July 20, 1948 at 856 W 11th Street. Otto Jensen (Executive Secretary of the Redevelopment Commission), Mayor Al Feeney, and Paul McCord (President of the Redevelopment Commission) gather as workmen tear off the roof.4 x 5 incheshttp://www.indianahistory.org/contact/contact.as