86230 research outputs found
Sort by
IG II(2) 1236 – Decree of Eumolpidai and Kerykes honoring Philonides of Laodicea and his sons
Squeez
IG II(2) 1283 – Decree concerning the regulations of the Thracian oregones of Bendis – stoichedon
Squeez
"Andrew Carnegie" 107267
The vessel "Andrew Carnegie" was constructed in 1897 by the Cleveland Ship Building Company, in Cleveland, Ohio. After being rebuilt in 1913, the name was changed to "A. W. Osborne". The tonnage was reduced from 4106 gross ton to 3826 gross tons. After the ship's stay in Erie, Pennsylvania from 1945-1946, the tugs "A. M. McCauley" and "Towmaster" towed the vessel from Erie, Pennsylvania, to Port Colborne, Ontario, to Hamilton, Ontario for scrap disposal in 1946 by the Steel Company of Canada, Ltd
"Beatrice Ottinger" 256651
The "Beatrice Ottinger" is registered as a United States vessel. It was built in 1948 by the Huge E. Lee Iron Works in Saginaw, Michigan for the steel trade. The vessel was designed to weigh no more than 100 gross tons so that it could be registered under the 100 Ton Motor Boat Act, however, when finished, it weighted 109 gross tons. In 1952-1953, the vessel was converted to a sand wedge. In 1963, the vessel was given a name change and registered as "James B. Lyons". On May 2, 1965, "James B. Lyons" capsized eight miles northwest of Lorain, Ohio and was towed to Lorain for repairs. No lives were lost in this accident. The vessel's final name change was in 1988. It is now listed as the "Emmet J. Carey" and is currently still in operation
"William A. Paine" 202305
In 1905 the American Ship Building Company in Cleveland, Ohio constructed the vessel "William A. Paine" for the Pioneer Steamship Company. This was a one owner vessel with a gross tonnage of 5798. tons. In May, 1961 the vessel was sold for scrap to the Marine Salvage, Ltd. in Port Colborne, Ontario
"William P. Palmer" 81705
The "William P. Palmer" was built for the American Steamship Company in 1900 in Cleveland, Ohio. The vessel had six ownership changes between 1900-1936. During that time, the "William P. Palmer" also had two additional name changes. It was also know as "Max M. Broad", 1929-1933 and "Sidney E. Smith", 1933-1936. On November 17, 1936 with gale winds of 50 miles per hour, the vessel was grounded at the entrance to Fairport Harbor, Ohio. The vessel was bound for Buffalo, New York with a load of coal. The tugs, "Ohio", "Michigan", and "Arkansas" freed the vessel from the grounding and it arrived at Buffalo under its own power. The vessel was dry docked but due to the extensive damage was declared a total loss. The vessel was scrapped at Buffalo in 1936-1937
CIL 6.2043 – Fragment of the Acta of the Arval Brothers (Arvales fratres)
Squeeze and photograph