Trinity Digital Collections (Trinity University, San Antonio)
Not a member yet
2728 research outputs found
Sort by
Winn Residence Hall
Dedicated in 1962, this residence Hall was named in memory of Carlton R. Winn, a Trinity graduate of the class of 192
Murchison Tower
Dedicated on December 16, 1964, the T. Frank Murchison Memorial Tower rises to a height of 166 feet and is the focal center of the Trinity campus. The tower was a gift of Mr. Arch Underwood, a longtime friend of Murchison who served with him as a trustee of Trinity University. Architect O'Neil Ford designed it to be a landmark structure so that it would be visible from almost any approach to the city of San Antonio. The brick perimeter walls were laid first, then concrete with reinforcing steel was poured between them. The concrete was poured progressively as the structure moved upward. The Carolyn Calvert Bells atop the structure were cast by the John Taylor Company of London. The largest of the four bells weighs 1,000 pounds and the smallest 230 pounds
Verna McLean Residence Hall
Designed by Ford, Powelll and Carson, Inc., The Verna Hooks McLean Residence Hall for undergraduate students opened in the fall of 1985. McLean Hall was the first Trinity residence hall that included facilities for the physically disabled students in the original building plans
Alienation, 1996
Commentary by Reverend Black referencing the 1968 Kerner Comission on racism and the relationship of alienation to racism, rage, and politics
Students at Miller Fountain
The Eugenia B. Miller Fountain was named in honor of the wife of Cecil W. Miller, Trinity trustee and former chairman of the Board (1957-1960) who presented the fountain as a gift to the university in 1966. Fountains were a special interest of Mr. and Mrs. Miller. Both had studied and photographed the magnificent fountains of old Europe during their extensive travels abroad. Located initially in a green circle of live oaks and grass near the main entrance to the Trinity campus off of Stadium Drive, the fountain was moved to its present location in 2004. In the fountain's design, Trinity architects O'Neil Ford and Bartlett Cocke incorporated three major elements: an expansive bowl at ground level; a large, graceful urn in the center of the bowl; and a crown sitting in the center top of the urn
Prassel Residence Hall
Dick and Peggy Prassel Residence Hall, located on Shook and Ledge Lane, was dedicated October 6, 1988. The principal architect was principal architect was Ken Zuschlag of the firm of Bradley/McChesney. Mr. Prassel was a respected businessman and community leader and one of the founders of the city of Alamo Heights. Active in civic affairs, Mrs. Prassel was a charter member of the Witte Museum and served on boards of a number of local organizations
Original Northrup Hall
Completed in 1951, the Administration Building was the first building to be constructed on Trinity Hill by architect O'Neil Ford. Following the erection of a three-story east wing in 1962, it was named in honor of Preston Gaines Northrup, a prominent San Antonio rancher and independent oil operator who willed a generous portion of his estate to the university upon his death in 1958. His widow, Gretchen Northrup, served on the Board of Trustees from 1965 until her death in 1992. In 2002 Northrup Hall was razed and replaced by a striking new four-story facility designed by architect Robert A. M. Stern. Portraits of Preston and Gretchen Northrup are displayed on the ground floor lobby of the new Northurp Hall
Verna McLean Residence Hall
Designed by Ford, Powelll and Carson, Inc., The Verna Hooks McLean Residence Hall for undergraduate students opened in the fall of 1985. McLean Hall was the first Trinity residence hall that included facilities for the physically disabled students in the original building plans