Trinity Digital Collections (Trinity University, San Antonio)
Not a member yet
2728 research outputs found
Sort by
Pastor's Notes, 1960s
Reverend Black's audio notes to himself, speaking about the Good Government league and political and race conditions. Total length: 3:39 minutes. [original: audiocassette
Professor Paul Busch
Professor Paul Busch of the Department of Journalism in class with students during the 1960s
Trustee James H. Calvert
James Henry Calvert served Trinity as a trustee from 1942 until his death in 1981. He was chairman of the board from 1963-1966. As president of the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce in 1941, Calvert was instrumental in bringing Trinity to San Antonio from Waxahachie. Along with trustees C. W. Miller and Robert Witt, Calvert was referred to as "the three wise men" who played prominent roles in establishing Trinity in its new setting in San Antonio
Trustees Witt, Miller, and Calvert
(Left to right) Mr. and Mrs. Robert Witt, Mr. and Mrs. Cecil W. Miller, and Mr. and Mrs. James H. Calvert. Affectionaly known as "the three wise men," Witt, Miller, and Calvert were instrumental in bringing Trinity to San Antonio in 1942 and served Trinity as trustees and benefactors. Photograph is taken in the Board Room of the original Northrup Hall with portraits of Witt, Miller, and Calver in the background
11th Anniversary Service for Reverend Black, Mount Zion First Baptist Church, 1960
11th Anniversary Service for Reverend Black at Mount Zion First Baptist Church; Listening notes: First 10 minutes - music and service; 10 minutes to 18:42 minutes - music and preliminary words; 18:48 minutes to 23:42 minutes - words by Reverend Black in acceptance of gift; 23:42 minutes to 39 minutes: words of appreciation from the congregation (30 to 39 barely audible); 39 minutes to 47:07 minutes - Reverend Black speaks about the church, as well as addresses the NAACP Youth Council, speaking about the importance of the Baptist Ministers Union efforts at integration of lunch counters; 47:07 minutes to the end, music and prayer from Reverend Black; Length: 1:03:57 [original: open reel tape,75-in, acetate
Mayfield Cottage and McFarlin Residence Halls
Photo of Mayfield Cottage (left foreground), the Home Economics Cottage which was dedicated in May 1957. It was named in honor of Charlotte Mayfield who served for many years on the Texas State Board of High School Examiners and Supervisors with a specialty in the field of Home Economics. The Home Economics program was discontinued in the 1980s. In the background is the McFarlin Residence Hall complex
Earl C. Sams Memorial Center
The Earl C. Sams Memorial Center is an athletic and recreation facility featuring two gymnasiums, handball courts, an eight lan bowling alley and classrooms for physical education; as well as locker room facilities for varsity athletic teams. Constructed in 1963, the activity center includes a ballroom and recreation room
Sermons, circa 1960-1970
Undated sermons written by Reverend Black. The dates are estimated as such because of their location in Reverend Black's original materials among items within the range of years 1960-1970