33584 research outputs found
Sort by
Arkansas traveler (Fayetteville, Ark.); Traveler
Vol. 93, no. 12Fayetteville, Ark.Frequency variesVol. 15 no. 17 (Feb. 17, 1921)- Published as: Traveler Apr. 1-Sept. 16, 1974. Numbering is inconsistent. Published by the students of the University of Arkansas. Supplements accompany some issues
Arkansas traveler (Fayetteville, Ark.); Traveler
Vol. 94, no. 72Fayetteville, Ark.Frequency variesVol. 15 no. 17 (Feb. 17, 1921)- Published as: Traveler Apr. 1-Sept. 16, 1974. Numbering is inconsistent. Published by the students of the University of Arkansas. Supplements accompany some issues
Vol Walker Library
6 views, both interior and exterior, of Vol Walker Library some of which have been cataloged separately. On recto: Additions to University of Arkansas Campus 1935 Library Views. Slide no. 45.1.Vol Walker Hall, originally Vol Walker Memorial Library, was built in 1935 with funding from the Public Works Administration and was named to honor James Volney Walker. After construction of Mullins Library in 1968, Vol Walker Hall became an academic home to the architecture program. In 2013, an addition of the Steven L. Anderson Design Center and major renovation of the original building allowed the landscape architecture and interior design programs to join architecture in the building
Waterman Hall
View of front (north) of Waterman Hall taken from the northwest. Slide no. 71.20, 71.24.Waterman Hall was dedicated in 1953 in memory of Julian S. Waterman. Waterman was an economics professor at the University of Arkansas from 1914-1922. He took time off from teaching to work on a law degree. After receiving his law degree from the University of Chicago, Waterman established the Law School at the U of A in 1924. He served as the first Dean of the Law School from 1926-1943. He also served as Vice President of the U of A from 1937-1943. Waterman Hall is now a part of the Leflar Law Center
Waterman Hall
View of Waterman Hall during construction taken from the southeast. On verso: Law Building summer 1952. Slide no. 69.20, 69.23.Waterman Hall was dedicated in 1953 in memory of Julian S. Waterman. Waterman was an economics professor at the University of Arkansas from 1914-1922. He took time off from teaching to work on a law degree. After receiving his law degree from the University of Chicago, Waterman established the Law School at the U of A in 1924. He served as the first Dean of the Law School from 1926-1943. He also served as Vice President of the U of A from 1937-1943. Waterman Hall is now a part of the Leflar Law Center
Vol Walker Library
Series of photos showing steps in checking out a book. Prints made 3-11-58 by Caldwell. On verso: Library 1. Borrower presenting call to student desk attendant, Bobby Dean Guffey.Vol Walker Hall, originally Vol Walker Memorial Library, was built in 1935 with funding from the Public Works Administration and was named to honor James Volney Walker. After construction of Mullins Library in 1968, Vol Walker Hall became an academic home to the architecture program. In 2013, an addition of the Steven L. Anderson Design Center and major renovation of the original building allowed the landscape architecture and interior design programs to join architecture in the building
Women's Gymnasium
View of the front (east) of the Women's Gymnasium taken from the southeast. On verso (print): Women's Gym East Entrance [engr. Instr.].The Army ROTC Building was completed in 1925 and originally served as the Women’s Gym
Waterman Hall
View of the west side of the Moot Courtroom of Waterman Hall. Slide no. 71.12.Waterman Hall was dedicated in 1953 in memory of Julian S. Waterman. Waterman was an economics professor at the University of Arkansas from 1914-1922. He took time off from teaching to work on a law degree. After receiving his law degree from the University of Chicago, Waterman established the Law School at the U of A in 1924. He served as the first Dean of the Law School from 1926-1943. He also served as Vice President of the U of A from 1937-1943. Waterman Hall is now a part of the Leflar Law Center
University Hall
View of the front (east) of University Hall shortly after construction, taken from the east; cart or wheelbarrow track " in foreground. Negative and prints of left side of stereograph [1477a]. On verso: Old Main.Old Main/University Hall was the first permanent building to be erected on the Arkansas Industrial University campus. Its exterior was finished in 1875, just three years after the university opened for classes. It is the oldest building still standing on the campus and the only one built in the 19th century still standing. Initially, it was simply referred to as “the University building,” but it was formally named University Hall in 1895. By the turn of the 20th century, the more sentimental name of Old Main had gained currency, and the University of Arkansas Board of Trustees officially changed the name to Old Main in 1991. At various times, Old Main housed the library, the museum, and the Armory
University Hall
Pen and ink drawing (repro.) Drawing of the north tower of University Hall by Carl Nelson. On verso: [engr. Instr.] Old Main North Tower.Old Main/University Hall was the first permanent building to be erected on the Arkansas Industrial University campus. Its exterior was finished in 1875, just three years after the university opened for classes. It is the oldest building still standing on the campus and the only one built in the 19th century still standing. Initially, it was simply referred to as “the University building,” but it was formally named University Hall in 1895. By the turn of the 20th century, the more sentimental name of Old Main had gained currency, and the University of Arkansas Board of Trustees officially changed the name to Old Main in 1991. At various times, Old Main housed the library, the museum, and the Armory