Rollins Digital Collections
Not a member yet
5072 research outputs found
Sort by
Seymour Dedicates Greenhouse in 1983
President Seymour delivers the dedication speech of the Susan O. and Frederick A. Hauck Reasearch Center in 1983. The center was built in 1983 due to the generous gift of Susan and Frederick Hauck
Alfond Sports Center in 2001
The Harold and Ted Alfond Sports Center was built in 2000 over the previous Enyart-Alumni Field House. The new Sports Center was possible largely because of Harold Alfond, a Rollins benefactor, and his alumni son, Ted Alfon
Ted Alfond in 1996
The Harold and Ted Alfond Sports Center was built in 2000 over the previous Enyart-Alumni Field House. The new Sports Center was possible largely because of Harold Alfond, a Rollins benefactor, and his alumni son, Ted Alfond Here is Ted Alfond at the dedication ceremony in 2001
Lawrence Family at Dedication in 1994
The Lawrence family at the 1994 dedication of the Samuel B. Lawrence Center. The building was built in 1965 and rented out to the public until Samuel B. Lawrence, a Rollins parent and benefactor, provided Rollins with the funds to purchase this much needed space in 1993. It currently serves as the home for the Pre-Collegiate progras, the Center for Lifelong Education, and the Upward Bound Program, along with tenant rental space
SunTrust Plaza Front View in 1999
The completed SunTrust Plaza's Restoration Hardware, as seen here in 1999, as the project neared its completion. The SunTrust Plaza was built in 1998 along with the Rollins Parking Garage. Where both buildings now stand was an empty lot owned and used by Rollins for student parking. Up to 1989, the old Park Avenue School was on the property as well. The new plaza also includes The Gap, Starbucks, Merrill Lynch, Coldwell Banker, and other smaller shops
Abbott Fountain in 1966
The Abbott Fountain was constructed in 1917 in memorial to Miss Louise Abbott, a charter Faculty member. The combination birdbath and fountain stood in a garden in front of Cloverleaf Cottage until 1965 when it was moved to the Cervantes Garden in Casa Iberia
Rose Skillman Hall Facilities in the 1960s
The kitchen facilities within Rose Skillman Hall close to Halloween in the 1960s. The hall was built in 1958 to serve as the dining area for Rollins students. The hall was named after Rose Skillman, an honorable Rollins Trustee who later earned an honorary degree from the college in 1960. In 1972 its lower level became the campus bookstore. The hall was almost completely torn down in 1999 when it was renovated into the Cornell Campus Center (only the kitchen remains)
Sandspur Field Receives Bleachers in 1973
The Sandspur Field receives new bleachers during its renovations in 1973. The field was a staple of the Winter Park community and eventually became the property of Rollins College. The name of the field was the "Sandspur Bowl" due to the high number of sandspurs across the field. Today, the field is the Cahall-Sandspur field with the Barker Family Stadium
Wilkinson and Hose share a pizza in 1955
Rollins College Students Anne Wilkinson and Sandy Hose eat pizza at Louis' Pizzaria, a popular restaurant for Rollins Student in the mid-1950s
McKean Adds Girl Scouts to the Walk of Fame in 1960
On October 30, 1960, President McKean added a tile from the home of Juliette Low, founder of the Girl Scouts of America, to the Walk of Fame. Here is President McKean with three out of the six hundred local Girl Scouts who attended the ceremony